Constructed as an apartment complex in the 1950s, what is now known as the Bentley Square Condominiums originated as the Barcelona Bay Apartments. They continued to operate as Barcelona Bay until June 22, 1979. That day marked the conversion of Barcelona Bay apartments to the Frankford Estates Condominiums. Frankford Estates, however, was short lived. On September 11, 1980 the Bentley Square Condominiums Inc. Corporation was formed and our community as we now know it began. The Bentley Square Condominium Association is the Home Owners Association arm of the community.
The Bentley Square Condominium Association is lead by a board of Directors who are elected by the membership in good standing of the Association. The Board consists of 7 positions which are on a rotating schedule with new members elected at each Annual Membership meeting. The Board of directors has 4 officer positions of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The 3 remaining slots are member-at-large positions. The current Board of Director membership can be viewed on the Contact page.
When you enter the front gate of the community, you will forget that you are in a major city and will find yourself removed from ordinary distractions. As you move through the property the trees and green spaces provide a feeling of serenity, a place where you and your family can enjoy a warm and friendly environment that many residents call home.
- Swimming Pool surrounded by a spacious patio area that is furnished with glass top tables that include shade umbrellas, comfortable sitting and lounge chairs.
- Off Street parking is available to all our owners who are current with their dues. Our parking lot provides ample off street parking very close to individual units, with some spaces being steps away from the main entrance to the buildings.
- Single gated entrance with call box associated to each unit to control entry of guests to the property.
- Serene pathways throughout the property that lead to our center courtyard.
- Plenty of open green space at the rear of the property that allows for ball playing and approved activities.
- Close proximity to lots of shopping opportunities, SEPTA buses and Regional Rail, the Frankford Avenue corridor, I-95 and Roosevelt Boulevard.
The Bentley Square Condominiums biggest asset are its residents. Our culturally diverse community is active, friendly and social. At the Bentley Square Condos, neighbors are not just neighbors, they’re friends. Some of our condo owners are the original purchasers and have been a part of our community for over 35 years.
Included in the monthly HOA dues: water service to each individual unit, professional management, outside maintenance of roofs, brick, wood trim and siding, landscaping, recreation areas, parking lot maintenance/repair, gate maintenance, exterior lighting, common area cleaning/maintenance inside each building, perimeter fence maintenance/repair, snow plowing of the parking lot, shoveling of the sidewalks and steps, and general maintenance of common element items.
If you are a current resident living in the Bentley Square Condo community and do not yet have a login name and password, you can request them here.